- An unusual paleokarst sedimentary rock in the Bohemian Karst (Czech Republic), and its regional tectonic and geomorphologic relationships
- Bedding-plane anastomoses as one of the early stages of karst evolution
- Cancaver - Glossary of Karst related terms
- Center for Karst and Cave Studies
- Characterisation of gypsum karst aquifers by heat and solute transport simulations
- Charente karst basin of the Touvre: alteration of the Jurassic series and speleogenesis by ghost-rock process
- Climate and early karstification: What can be learned by models?
- Do carbonate karst terrains affect the global carbon cycle?
- Environmental and Engineering Hazards of Karst
- Evolution of Karst Symposium: Form Prekarst to Cessation- Postojna (Slovenia), September 17-21, 2002
- Glossary of Karst related terms
- Home of Karst on the Web
- Karst at depth below the sea level around the Mediterranean due to the Messinian crisis of salinity. Hydrogeological consequences and issues
- Karst genesis of the Swabian Alb, south Germany, since the Pliocene
- Karst Geomorphology and Hydrogeology, Principal References
- Karst in British Columbia
- Karst in Turkish Thrace: Compatibility between Geological History and Karst Type
- Karst Information Pages
- Karst Terminology
- Karst Waters Institute
- Karstica European Network
- Karsts of Australia
- Karst Research Institute
- Le site de la karstologie
- Lower Cretaceous paleokarst in a klippe of the Czorsztyn Succession north of Zázrivá (Pieniny Klippen Belt, Orava Sector, northern Slovakia)
- Modelling of karst genesis at the catchment scale – influence of spatially variable hydraulic conductivity
- Naturhistorisches Museum der Stadt Wien - Karst-und Höhlenkundliche Abteilung
- New data on the dolines of Velebit Mountain: An evaluation of their sedimentary archive potential in the reconstruction of landscape evolution
- Outline of Romanian Karst
- Paleokarst shafts in the western desert of Egypt: A unique landscape
- Physical Structure of the Epikarst
- Quaternary glacial cycles: Karst processes and the global CO2 budget
- Surface and subsurface karst geomorphology in the Murge (Apulia, Southern Italy)
- Understanding the Hydrology of Karst
- Using hydrogeochemical and ecohydrologic responses to understand epikarst process in semi-arid systems, Edwards plateau, Texas, USA
- Variability of groundwater flow and transport processes in karst under different hydrologic conditions
- What is Karst?
Books about karst
Focusing specifically on the management of karst environments, this volume draws together the world’s leading karst experts to provide a vital source for the study and management of this unique physical setting. Although karst landscapes cover 12% of the Earth’s terrain and provide 25% of the world’s drinking water, the resource management of karst environments has only previously received indirect attention. Through a comprehensive approach, Karst Management focuses on engineering issues associated with surface karst such as quarries, dams, and agriculture, subsurface topics such as the management of groundwater, show caves, cave biota, and geo-archaeology projects. Chapters that focus on karst as an integrated system look at IUCN World Heritage sites, national parks, policy and regulation, measuring systematic disturbance, information management, and public environmental education. The text incorporates the most up-to-date research from leading karst scientists. This volume provides important perspectives for university students, educators, geoengineers, resource managers, and planners who are interested in or work with this unique physical landscape.
|Karst Hydrogeology and Geomorphology
The first half of the book is a systematic presentation of the dissolution kinetics, chemical equilibria and physical flow laws relating to karst environments. It includes details of the many environmental factors that complicate their chemical evolution, with a critique of measurement of karst erosion rates. The second half of the book looks at the classification system for cave systems and the influence of climate and climatic change on karst development. The book ends with chapters on karst water resource management and a look at the important issues of environmental management, including environmental impact assessment, environmental rehabilitation, tourism impacts and conservation values. Practical application of karst studies are explained throughout the text.